Friday 17 July 2015

Time to say "Goodbye " - Sue's Final Blog.

The position of Rural Chaplain Support has run from March 2012 to the end of June 2015 but finally the funds to provide for the position have reached an end and so the position will not continue and I must say "good bye" to the blog.


Sue (left ) with Lusi, from our congregation, in front
of lovely farewell gifts from Julie and Phill. *
The goals of the position, initially called Associate Rural Chaplain, were to provide administrative support for the Rural Chaplain, assist with promotion and dissemination of information about the work of the Chaplain, assist with submission of grants and reports and other projects or tasks as directed.Over the time these goals have been the main focus of my work but recently the specific project, Creative Solutions, has also taken a share of my time as you will have seen reflected in the blog.

Overwhelmingly the job has been fulfilling as I have seen God instigating and driving projects. It’s been great to be a part of that!

Initially computer work was a challenge for me and I had to learn new computer skills but Julie was a very patient and effective teacher. The blog writing, has been an education for me and very rewarding, as I learned new and creative ways of using the computer to record the work of the Chaplains in the west of NSW through the blog and in local papers.

It’s been a privilege to work with people as dedicated to the job as Julie and Phill. It has inspired me in what I do and to see how I can use my gifts too. It’s been encouraging to feel that by doing what I do, it gives Julie and Phill more time to get onto other projects. 


Farewell words from Julie present in church, with Phill
 skyping in from Narrabri to say "goodbye"
Using my writing and teaching abilities in a new way –from English teacher to writer, editor and latterly as an English as a Second Language teacher–has been rewarding.

The challenge of engaging the city churches in mission in rural areas is very exciting. Pymble church and now other churches like Gordon and the Sydney church schools too, have been inspiring in their willingness to use their gifts and resources for others.  

Although the position is really only finishing up due to lack of funding, I feel the time is right for me to explore other areas of work and so I am happy to move on the next new adventure God has in store for me.

It’s been great working in, encouraging and sharing the vibrancy of the rural church and community and I'm pretty sure that God isn't finished with me in that field yet.

Farewell,

Sue Chapman.

* See the emus?
Did someone say "Emus?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats