Saturday 17 October 2015

Lord we cry out to you for those who are waiting




I found this spot after my 2pm meeting in Walgett was cancelled. I had a 5pm one still happening so after a nice coffee I went looking for the 2 rivers from which the name Walgett comes from, the Namoi River which comes through to Narrabri and the Barwon / Darling river and this was confusing to me as my basin map has it as Barwon River,  you have to be out here to learn things



The Info booth was a great help explaining the history of the Name from the Gamilaraay peoples word "Wilgay"where two river meet and we changed it to Walgett as we do. The Darling River start between Bree and Bourke but here it still is a part of the system but called the Barwon River. I was in Walgett on Wed 23rd. Sept. for the same 5 pm meeting setting up a Suicide prevention network. I  keep a photo diary of at a location call Cryon between Barren Junction and Walgett . The green shots where taken on September 23rd the brown shots are Wednesday the 14th. October the heat has burned off the growth again. It has been like this from my first trip in March 2013 no crop no income .Pray for them and the Local shops and service industries schools and the Shire, drought hits all of Community.
As I saw this change I cry to the Lord The Joy for these folk was short lived lost crop is worse that no crop as you spend $ on fuel and seed time and effort with Hope





The Crop has failed from the heat and dried up from such a promising start.
                         



This is the salt bush corner the change in those 3 weeks and I hear the crops in the South also have been hit by the heat too  "Do not forget them O Lord they need your help only you command  the seasons and the weather they need you to hear their needs amen .

Hi hope you understand it all had my editor away and my backup could not access  all of the blog but the pictures tell the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors


View My Stats